Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lots of stitching...............

............. but precious little tangible progress to show you

That's the way it is with hexagons

Especially when they only measure one inch from point to point

Lots of Liberty Tana Lawn



in a glorious variety of colours



and pattern designs



makes for some very random fabric combinations



My only criteria for the lozenge blocks in this quilt is to have a contrast between the inner round and outer round in each diamond



I'm on the homeward strait now

Only 21 more diamonds to stitch I think



And then the beast which has taken probably over four years to get to this stage, having been stitched in several different countries, will be a completed top measuring approximately 8ft 6ins by 7ft

I think I shall feel rather lost once it's completed

Which is why I have a length of several yards of black lawn cotton purchased ready to start another hexagon project in a different pattern - after all it would be criminal not to use up all the rest of that big basket full of Liberty Tana Lawn fabric offcuts

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh my goodness Anne, your hexagons are amazing. I love it.

Plum Cox said...

That's huge! I had no idea that your mini hexies were going to make something so big and wonderful!

Plum Cox said...

That's huge! I had no idea that your mini hexies were going to make something so big and wonderful!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's absolutely magical...well done!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Wow Anne, that's gorgeous. Well done on getting it done thus far. Looks like you're into the finishing stretch.